Safety Precautions during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The health and safety of my clients and myself remains of paramount importance and I will set out to ensure that precautions are in place as best as possible. And as long as COVID-19 remains an active public health threat I will be taking some simple precautions to provide protection for both myself and my clients for face to face work.
Therapist’s commitment to clients:
- As your Counsellor I will endeavour to adhere to current government guidelines and should I come into contact with anyone who has tested positive or develop any symptoms I will notify you as soon as possible and either rearrange your appointment or offer an online session instead.
- I will wipe down chairs, door handles, office equipment and office furniture every day with antibacterial cleaner.
- I will disinfect the room before each new client arrives, I will keep the place well ventilated and hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance for you to use on arrival.
- I will follow all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing. Maintaining a minimum of two meters at all possible times.
- I will open the door to the therapy room for you at the beginning and end of the session.
- The water/drinks will no longer be provided. Please bring your own water.
- Also I encourage clients to bring own tissues and ask to take their tissues home and dispose of them themselves in order to prevent other clients or myself coming in contact with the contents.
Requirements from clients:
- If you are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms, please do inform me straight away. So I will either rearrange your appointment or move your session to an online appointment.
- For your safety please use your own toilet facilities at home before leaving for the session.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing. Maintaining a minimum of two meters distance from therapists at all times.
- Allowing me to open the therapy room door for you upon arrival and leaving.
- Make use of the hand sanitiser provided at the entrance.
- I ask you not to touch any surfaces in the therapy room (apart from your chair/sofa).
- If you choose to bring your own drink, please ensure the bottle/cup is taken away with you.
- Ensure that any tissues used are not left in the therapy room.
- Attend the appointment alone unless you need the help from your carer.
- This is a period of rapid change for us, so please check the Government, NHS and Public Health England websites to make sure you are aware of the latest changes and information.